FALL CONTEST 2021 is now closed.
InScribe’s annual Fall Contest is exclusively for members to submit new, unpublished work only (except for the Published Work in 2020 category). Contest is a safe place to try a new genre and receive professional feedback, or to enter a few of your favourite genres. This year we are offering four categories for unpublished work, and 1 category for published work in 2020. See below for guidelines and details on cash prizes, categories and more.
Interested, but not a member? See the Membership page.
All writers are encouraged to enter, regardless of level
- Free for writers 18 years and younger
- Judges are professional writers, and entries are judged according to these rubrics
- A minimum of four entries in each category is required. In the case of less than four, that category will be dissolved, and entry fees refunded
- No simultaneous submissions (please do not send same manuscript to another contest
- Please do not enter the same manuscript in more than one category
- Late entries will be discarded
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Seven Steps to Enter Your Piece(s)
- Membership required if you are over 18 years of age. If you are not a member, please join us here.
- Please write something original in one of the categories below. It must be unpublished except for the Published Work in 2020 Category.
- Follow the rubrics to craft a winning piece. Published Works rubrics here.
- Send your manuscripts by EMAIL ONLY in a MICROSOFT WORD ATTACHMENT to : firstname.lastname@example.org on or before MIDNIGHT August 15, 2021. Do not put your name on the manuscript. Please send a separate email for each piece you submit.
- BODY OF YOUR EMAIL
- SUBJECT FIELD OF YOUR EMAIL : “Fall Contest Submission” AND category: For example: “Fall Contest Submission: Children’s Fiction”
- Please pay for your entry/entries here. Enter as many pieces as you wish.
FREE entry for ages 18 and under. $30 per entry.
Includes a critique by a professional writer.
All unpublished, new work, EXCEPT for the Published Work in 2020 category. Pieces may be written for the mainstream or the Christian market. Truth may be presented subtly or overtly as long as the message of the piece does not contradict Scripture.
- Children’s Fiction – Maximum 1000 words. No pictures. Please state age level of targeted audience. (eg: age 3-8, 5-9, 7-10, 8-12, etc.)
- Devotional – Maximum 300 words. Scripture must be included.
- Poetry – Maximum 40 lines. Any style. Please state style on your submission (eg: free verse, rhymed, sonnet, etc.).
- Creative Nonfiction – Maximum 1500 words
- Published Work in 2020 – Maximum 1500 words.
Each winner will also receive a certificate.
*Acceptance of a prize grants First North American Serial Rights to InScribe to publish the award-winning manuscript. (Second Serial/Reprint Rights in the case of the Published Works in 2020 category) Publication in FellowScript is considered at the discretion of the editorial staff and may appear in hardcopy or in the online Fall Supplement.
- Certificates are included with all prizes, including Honourable Mentions
- Winners are announced at Fall Conference, and in FellowScript, on Social Media and on blogs.
- To encourage quality craftsmanship in the entries, the judges may not award all prizes in a given category.
- This is a blind contest. Judges will not enter into discussions or disputes regarding their decisions or awards.
- The contest coordinator does not judge the entries.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com with “Fall Contest Questions” in the subject field.
BEFORE YOU PRESS “SEND”
- Did you follow every step under “Seven Steps to Enter Your Piece?”
- Did you send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org for each manuscript?
- Did you check the rubrics? Published Works rubics?
- Remember NOT to put your name on your manuscript.
Thank you for all your hard work, and the courage you have put into entering the Inscribe Fall Contest!
All entries must be sent to the Contest Coordinator at email@example.com no later than AUGUST 15 at midnight your local time.
Late entries will be discarde