The best writers are those with a bit of a child left inside.
~ Phil Callaway, Fall Conference 2014
Connect. Learn. Grow.
Phil Callaway, author of Tricks my Dog Taught Me (among others), speaking at Fall Conference in 2014
InScribe Christian Writers’ Fellowship sponsors and hosts a Fall Conference every year on the last weekend in September. Events begin Friday morning and go through until Saturday late afternoon. Fall Conference gives writers an opportunity to come together for inspiration, motivation and to learn more about the craft of writing. Each year InScribe is pleased to feature a seasoned author as the conference Keynote speaker, plus we offer a variety of workshop topics and presenters. It’s a weekend where writers—whether they are seasoned or just beginning—can connect for fellowship, encouragement, and support. In conjunction with the conference each year, InScribe members are called to enter their submissions in our annual Fall Writers’ Contest. (See the Fall Contest tab on the Contests page for full details and an application).
I was so blessed to attend Fall Conference. I went in feeling defeated and left feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to continue the journey. The keynote speaker was inspirational, the workshops were well thought-out and expertly presented. I’d highly recommend this conference for any writer. Come, meet some new friends and get inspired!
~ J. Baldwin
Fall Conference 2016: Registration Opens in May
Interview with our Keynote
Thursday Afternoon Pre-Conference Session
FALL 2016 INFO HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. We are at the same hotel, but rates etc. may change. We have partnered with the Sawridge Inn Edmonton South for this event. A special hotel rate and section is blocked at the hotel for our attendees. (A full hot breakfast buffet is included with your booking.)
Staying at the hotel affords more networking opportunities and so should be looked at as a value plus to your conference experience. Many new projects are hatched in the wee hours of the morning or over an early coffee. New working alliances have also been formed through the extra networking opportunities afforded by staying at the conference hotel. You can cut costs by sharing a room with a fellow attendee, or bring your spouse or a friend who’d like to explore Edmonton while you’re at the Conference.
To make reservations: Call 1-888-729-7343. This number is a general reservation number, but you will be told which extension to dial for the Sawridge hotel, and you will be then be in direct contact with the reservations team at the hotel.
NOTE: At the time of making the reservation, tell the hotel you are part of the Inscribe group. Our guaranteed rate is $ /night, which includes a full hot buffet breakfast. You must register (below on this page) and pay for the Conference here on our website.
Map & Directions
You can get to the Sawridge Inn Edmonton South as follows:
- From Edmonton International Airport – Exit North on QE 2, Travel 23 kms to hotel (turns into Gateway Blvd,) Hotel 4 kms North of 23rd Ave at interchange Gateway Blvd and Whitemud Freeway – on right.
- From the North – South on Calgary Trail (104th Street), exit East (left) on 42nd Avenue 1 block South of Whitemud Freeway. 250 meters turn left (North) onto Gateway Blvd – stay right.
- From the East – Travel Whitemud Freeway West to Calgary Trail, exit South to 42nd Ave (I block south of Whitemud Freeway. 250 meters turn left (North) onto Gateway Blvd – stay right.
- From the West – Travel Whitemud Freeway East to Calgary Trail, exit South (Right) to 42nd Ave (I block south of Whitemud Freeway, stay left). 250 meters turn left (North) onto Gateway Blvd – stay right.
Thursday Night Coffee House Mixer
Fall Conference Online Registration
Registration will open in May.
Cancellation Policy Inscribe will refund 75% of your full fee if cancellation is made before Sept. 1 and 50% before Sept. 15. After Sept. 15 there is no refund. Application for refund must be made by Oct. 10. If you cannot attend, your registration is transferable to another writer. Missed a conference, or want to review what you heard? 2013 (Plenary: Murray Pura), 2012 (Plenary: Nancy Rue, keynotes only), and 2011 (Plenary: Grace Fox) conference audio is available through our store.
14 Great Reasons Why You Should Attend Fall Conference
- Focus on your writing passion for almost TWO whole days!
- Relax and withdraw awhile from the cares of the world, work and family.
- Enjoy wonderful meals and refreshments fit for royalty.
- Form new acquaintances during social times.
- Be affirmed by individuals who totally ‘get it’ when you share your writing dreams.
- You might find a critique partner or mentor.
- Meet writers from your area with whom you could form a writing group.
- Network with professionals in the business.
- Socialize with like-minded people and get a sense of belonging.
- Receive a perfect ‘now’ word from the Lord that encourages or provides direction.
- Learn something new. Remember something old.
- Have an unexpected door of opportunity open up to you.
- Read your own work at the Manuscript Reading session.
- Anticipate that your written piece submitted to the contest might be a winner and could be announced here!
(originally published in FellowScript)