Do you feel as if you’re juggling too many balls or spinning too many plates? Have you dropped a ball or two? Have a few Corelle plates fallen to the floor? Or maybe the fine china is taking a beating, lying in shards on the ground. (Not to worry! I’ll stop mixing my metaphors soon.
5 Fixes for Your Fears
I can relate to the following five fears. Maybe you can too.
FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)
This is the reason my bookshelves are bowing under the weight of skills development and reference books and my inbox is bursting with countless links to the online courses I’ve purchased.
These materials are great—if we use them. I have to admit some of the items I purchase are outdated before I get around to reading them and implementing what I’ve learned. Not good!
- Narrow your focus. (If you have eclectic interests like I do, this can be a challenge.)
- Set aside regular time to learn something new that pertains to your chosen area.
- Make sure the information you’re learning is current and relevant.
- Implement what you’re learning.
- Impose a spending freeze until you’ve gotten a handle on steps 1-4.