Winter Contest: Open to Members who have Published in the past calendar year (Fee / Cash Prizes)
InScribe’s Winter Contest was created to celebrate and spotlight the work of members who have been published between January 1st and December 31st of the previous calendar year. One prize of $100 is awarded to the winning submission in each category. Prizes will be awarded by April 30th. Entries are judged by professional writers.
OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS – January 1, 2019; Deadline – Midnight March 31, 2019. Send submissions by email to the Contest Coordinator.
Click here for: Winter Contest Guidelines and Submission Form
Click here for: 2019 Contest Rubrics
NOTE: Fee must accompany submissions, and cannot be paid after the deadline.
- Members in good standing (membership must be paid up).
- All entries must be original, published work.
- Publication must have occurred between January 1 and December 31 of the previous calendar year. (Work that was previously published is acceptable as long as it was republished in the calendar year specified and appears in a different publication from the original release.)
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable. (May be submitted elsewhere.)
- Online published items must be a third-party publication, that is, not on the author’s blog or website.
- To qualify, submissions must indicate source and date, which may be Hardcopy (Scan of magazine or newspaper page, including date or Scan of date of publication and Table of Contents for an anthology) OR Online (Provide a link to the item or screen shot of item with publication date).
- Multiple submissions with accompanying fees are welcome.
- Entry fee: $30/entry (includes critique)
- View the full Winter Contest Rubrics here
- Non-fiction article
- Poetry – free verse, rhymed, or song lyrics
- Fiction – Adult Short Story or Drama script
- Complete the Online Winter Contest Entry Form (click here)
- Click the link and pay the total for: (a) Adult entries with critique, (b) 18 and under critique fees. For multiple entries, please select the appropriate number on the item before submitting payment.
- TWO copies of the work must be sent to the contest coordinator. One should be a scan or link as per the “Criteria”, and the other should be in word document form. (The goal is to make all entries look consistent when sent to judges.) Email both with the subject: WINTER CONTEST – [Your surname and first name]. Multiple entries may be sent in one e-mail to the Contest Coordinator.
- Remember to attach the appropriate files.
- Send to contest coordinator
NOTE: Fee and entry must both arrive before midnight on the last day of March
JUDGING, PRIZES AND PUBLICATION OF WINNING ENTRIES
- Entries will be judged using rubrics. Click here to see the rubrics.
- Acceptance of a prize grants InScribe subsequent Second Serial/Reprint Rights to publish the award-winning entry online and/or in FellowScript for the magazine’s current reprint pay rate at the discretion of the editorial staff.
- Judges are anonymous and will not enter into discussion or disputes regarding decisions or awards. The Contest Coordinator does not judge entries. Please do not contact her regarding the judging.
- Contest winners will be announced in some or all of the following: FellowScript, InSide InScribe, Listserv, InScribe website, and InScribe social media sites. Winning entries may be read or displayed in part or in whole at InScribe’s Fall Conference.
Online Winter Contest Entry Form (click here)