2020 INSCRIBE WINTER CONTEST
Members Only ● Works Published in 2019
Deadline: Midnight March 1 st , 2020
The InScribe Winter Contest is now open for submission for InScribe members who had writing published in 2019.
Professional writers/judges will follow the rubrics posted on the InScribe website to mark and provide commentary on each piece. (If fewer than 4 submissions are received in a category, the category will be closed and fees will be returned). One prize of $100 will be awarded to the winning submission in each category. Prizes will be awarded by April 30, 2020, or sooner.
Please check the publicly posted rubrics for your Winter Contest submissions.
* Members in good standing (membership must be paid up)
* All entries must have been published between January 1 and December 31 of 2019
* Publication sources include magazines, anthologies, newspapers, online publications, etc.
*Not accepted: online pieces that you self-published on your own online site. They must be published on a 3rd party site.
*Deadline March 1st, midnight, 2020.
*Fee: $30 per entry by cheque (includes commentary by a professional writer/judge).
*Email two copies of each piece to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight March 1st, 2020
1) The first copy should be a scan of your published piece (or a link). It must clearly show your name as the author, the date of publication, and name of the publication (magazine, etc.)
2) The second copy will be exactly the same piece but without your name, and without any photos, advertising, name of the publication source or any other distraction. Please block these out of the scanned piece. If that is not possible, then please re-type it into a Word or PDF Document. Do not put your name on it. This copy will be sent on to the judge. The goal is to
make all pieces consistent in appearance, without advertising or pictures, and without the author’s name, to eliminate bias and distractions for the judges.
– Simultaneous submissions are acceptable
– Multiple submissions welcomed—fees must accompany each entry
– Mail entry fee cheque to InScribe, PO Box 68025, Edmonton AB, T6C 4N6
– Make cheques out to full name of InScribe Christian Writers’Fellowship
– Subject field of your email: InScribe Winter Contest
– Body of your email – two copies of your published piece, your name, and all your contact info, and confirmation that your cheque will be mailed by March 1st at the latest.
* Poetry – free verse or rhymed
* Fiction – Short Story or Drama Script
Click here for: 2020 Winter Contest Rubrics
Acceptance of a prize grants
Judges are anonymous and will not enter into discussion or disputes regarding decisions or awards. The Contest Coordinator does not judge entries. Please do not contact her regarding the judging.
Contest winners will be announced in some or all of the following: FellowScript, InSide InScribe, Listserv, InScribe
- My name appears only on my original pieces, not on my Word documents.
- I’ve attached two copies of each entry (one Word document re-typed from the original, and one scan from the original publication, as per the above criteria.) My email to the contest coordinator includes my name and contact information, along with attachments of my entries and I will email it to email@example.com on or before midnight, March 1st, 2020
- I have paid my entry fees ($30.00 per entry) by cheque to InScribe Christian Writers’ Fellowship, PO Box 68025, Edmonton AB, T6C 4N6
Thank you for entering the contest!