Call for Submissions to New 2021 Anthology
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2020
Trade paperback book (6” x 9”) with roughly 200 pages, possibly also an e-book.
Christians, Churches, Christian schools; suitable for general gift-giving
Subject line: Easter Anthology 2021
Open to writers who are current members of InScribe Christian Writers’ Fellowship.
You may enter up to three written pieces and six pieces of artwork/photos.
1. Fiction, poetry, non-fiction, drama/plays, devotionals, meditations, recipes, crafts/decorating, black-and-white photographs, or artwork
2. Only unpublished work (text or illustrations) will be used. That means your work must not have been published anywhere else, including on the Internet.
3. Submissions (excluding images) should be sent as a Word document attachment.
Maximum word count for written pieces: 2000. There is no minimum length.
Illustrations (photos, art) must be submitted in high resolution (300 dpi) jpeg.
Each contributor will receive one copy of the book per accepted submission.
Buying Print Copies:
Authors have the option of purchasing additional copies of the book at a reduced cost for resale or gifts.
1. There is no cost to enter a submission.
2. All submissions will be reviewed and authors will be notified of acceptance.
3. Accepted submissions will be edited.
Highly Recommended Reading:
Kathy Ide’s Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors is a wonderful resource that includes input from The Christian Writer’s Manual of Style, The Chicago Manual of Style, and the Associated Press Style Book. The author also gives pointers about the unique restrictions of publishing on the Web. It is clear and concise, touching on the rules we, as writers and editors, need at our fingertips.