Contest Guidelines and Formatting
Seven Steps to Enter your piece(s)
- Membership required. If you are not a member, please join us here.
- Write something ORIGINAL in one of the categories. Published work is not accepted.
NO Simultaneous submissions (do not send the same manuscript to another contest).
Please do not enter the same manuscript in more than one category.
- Follow the rubrics to craft a winning piece.
- TOP of your entry: Title of your piece and category, not your name.
- Send your manuscripts attached with Word doc, docx, rtf or pdf by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org ON OR BEFORE Midnight SEPTEMBER 1st, your local time.
Please send a separate email for each piece you submit.
- BODY OF YOUR EMAIL: — Your Name – Mailing address for certificate purposes – Title and Category of your entry – Word count of your piece – Your entry attached
- SUBJECT FIELD OF YOUR EMAIL: “Fall Contest Submission” AND category – For example: “Fall Contest Submission: Adult Fiction”
- 1” margins and double-spacing (except for poetry)
- Serif Fonts only such as Times New Roman, Baskerville, Georgia or Courier, font size 12 – except poetry.
- Points deducted for improper formatting. Please see Rubrics.
Pay for your entry/entries here.
Enter as many pieces as you wish.
$30 per entry includes a critique by a professional judge/writer.
FREE entry for 18 years and under.
Please contact email@example.com with “Fall Contest Questions” in the subject field.
Before you press “send”
Did you follow the “Seven Steps to Enter your Piece”?
Did you pay for each entry?
Please remember to put your name in the body of your email, not on your manuscript.
Thank you for all the hard work and courage you have put into entering the InScribe Fall Contest!