Local Writing Groups are locally organized chapters of InScribe Christian Writers Fellowship.
Although the groups operate under the umbrella of InScribe, they are independent entities; they function under the guidance of their local leaders and their own executives.
Local writing groups vary in size from small groups of 2-3 members to larger ones of 20 or more. Some larger groups may break into small groups for sharing and critiquing written work.
Find a Writing Group Near You
- Fraser Valley Christian Writers
- Contact Abe Funk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our purpose is to encourage, educate, and improve through critiques and sharing.
- South Calgary Writers
- Contact Nicola Cameron email@example.com
- Critique Group. Submit work one week ahead to the above email address.
Edmonton West End
- Writers’ Cafe (Note: not accepting new members at this time)
- Contact Joy Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAFE stands for ‘Community, Accountability, Feedback and Encouragement’
- ICWF Red Deer Chapter
- Contact Marian Warkentin email@example.com
- Our purpose is to encourage, motivate, and inspire as well as offer critiques and writing exercises.
- The Writer’s Wellspring
- Contact Gwen Mathieu firstname.lastname@example.org
- A critique group that is challenging and fun with mini free-fall exercises and sharing.
Bond Head, ON
- The Writers’ Nest
- Contact Belinda Burston email@example.com
- A writer’s group and a place of nurture and growth in the craft of writing. We offer critique if it is asked for. This group has proven to be a safe environment for fledgling writers, who can learn from those with more experience.
- ICWF Burlington Chapter
- Contact Nikki Rosen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets once per month to offer support, encouragement and critiques. It’s a fun group! usually meet the third Thursday of the month, 6:30-9:00 pm. Contact Nikki for details.
- Writers Unite
- Contact Glynis M. Belec email@example.com
- First Friday of every month at the Studio Factor, 24 Wood Street, Drayton, Ontario