- How I Was Razed: A Journey from Cultism to Christianity E-book: $6.96; Paperback: $14.99.
- When a Man Loves a Rabbit (Learning and Living with Bunnies) ISBN 978-0-9780-273-0-8, Paperback, 138 pages, Price: $15.00 USD.
- Deliverance from Jericho (Six Years in a Blind School) ISBN 978-0-9780273-1-5, Paperback, 196 pages with 6 internal black and white photos, Price: $25.00 USD.
- Everyday Moments with God, 2010 (hardcover and eBook)
- Peeking Through the Knothole: Scenes for the Soul from the 1940s, 2006 (hardcopy and eBook)
- NEW! Two Old Goats and One Good Shepherd (236 pages) “Wear it out, use it up, make it do or do without.”
Alma Barkman and her husband ignored the experts warning them they were destined for financial failure as a one wage household. They chose instead to embark on a faith journey that included the Biblical balance of having “neither poverty nor riches.” (Proverbs 30:8) Achieving the goal of simple living was not without its humour, nor the abundant life without its challenges. Upon reflection, their success as a couple of do-it-yourselfers could be summed up by the author’s comical aunt, “Not bad, for two old goats.”
Available as a hardcopy or ebook through the author’s website
- The French Collection – Moments with God in Paris. 2016 (Word Alive Press) Manuscript was shortlisted in Women’s Journey of Faith 2015 Contest. (Non-fiction devotional stories revealing God’s presence in everyday experiences despite where we are – even in the fascinating culture and history of Paris!)
- When Pigs Fly. Lobster Press, October 2001, illus. by Rogé Girard. Awards and Recognition: Gold Medal Book of the Year (Foreword Magazine), 2001; Winner, Blue Spruce Reading Program, 2002; Finalist Governor General literary award (illustration), 2002; IBBY Canada Outstanding Canadian Picture Books 2000-2003 (national tour Spring 2004); Platinum Award Recipient, Just for Mom Foundation 2005 Mom’s Choice Awards.
- Sink or Swim. Lobster Press, November 2003, illus. by Rogé Girard. Awards and Recognition: Nominated title Blue Spruce Reading Award, 2004; Nominated title 2004 SYRCA (Saskatchewan Young Readers’ Choice) Willow Award.
- I Am a Ballerina. Lobster Press, November 2005, illus. by Sandra Lamb. Awards and Recognition: “Mom’s Choice” Official Selection, Just for Mom Foundation (2005); “Longlisted” for Canadian Library Association’s 2005 Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Award.
- Tadeo Turtle. (Word Alive Press, Fall 2012.) – winner for best children’s book by The Word Awards, 2013. Tadeo Turtle, illustrated and written by Janis Cox is a children’s book for ages under 7. Tadeo (TAHD-ay-OH) longs to be different. Through an exciting adventure, find out how Tadeo learns to accept how God created him.
The Kingdom of Thrim (Siretona Creative – spring 2016)The Kingdom of Thrim illustrated and written by Janis Cox for ages 5 and up. Yoj is a happy doll maker who makes a hasty decision without consulting God. Follow him on his adventure of rediscovery.
- Looking for Love, Write Words, Inc., April, 2009, 4 Cups Rating-Coffee Time Romance
- Full-Time Wife, Write Words, Inc., May, 2008, 5 Cups Rating-Coffee Time Romance
- Full House, Write Words, Inc., March, 2008, 5 Roses Rating-A Romance Review
- Anna writes what is in her heart – love – and shares what is in her soul – faith in God. See author links for more information.
- Musings on the Sermon (2002, poems)
- I Am the Poem (2005, poetry) Winner of a 2006 Word Guild Award. Read a review of this book (by Violet Nesdoly)
- A Kingdom Kite. A collection of both prose and poetry, some published previously in magazines across North America, some in the local papers, some on web pages on the internet, a lot unpublished. 136-page, soft cover. Buy direct from author for $15.00 plus $2.00 for shipping. Both may be purchased from Ensa Publishing, 3947 Paradise Place, Abbotsford, BC, V2s 8E3 or email Alvin.
- The Sun Still Shines. 1997, Heartsong Presents
- Unchained Heart. 1998. Barbour Publishing
- The Heart Seeks a Home. Heartsong Presents
- Chastity’s Angel Heartsong Presents
- Crane’s Bride Heartsong Presents
- The Bride’s Song a Novella
- Prairie Brides in Barbour Anthology
- A Journey to the Heart of Evangelism, ISBN 978-1-60608-850-0. Whether you need to actively develop soul-winning skills or simply get back to the basics and refresh your desire to share your faith, this book will equip you to keep your faith story alive and prepare you to be used for His glory.
- Erin Kilfoyle is writing the True Patriot Love Series, contemporary Christian romances set in Canada with a 2-book set for each province. The books are $13 Cdn. each or $25 for a 2-book set. The books in order are:
- When Time Stood Still / Building Bridges
- Love in any Language / Guardian Angel
- The Carpenter’s Tools / Walking Through Flames
- Far From Home / Sick of Love.
The first six books are currently available at First Choice Books or through the author (see link above). For InScribe members in Winnipeg, they are available at Hull’s Family Bookstore.
Tracy’s books strike a chord with readers looking for gritty yet thought provoking contemporary faith-based fiction – no sugar coating added. It’s romance with a twist of suspense and a touch of humour. “Fiction on the edge, without crossing the line.” She also writes stage plays – all audience tested and performed throughout North America. Website: http://tracykrauss.com
Published books and plays:
And the Beat Goes On (novel)
My Mother the Man-Eater (novel)
Play It Again (novel)
Wind Over Marshdale (novel)
Lone Wolf (novella)
Neighbors (novella series)
Colony Zero (short story series co-authored with other writers)
The Best Blue Christmas (short story)
The Sleepytown Express (illustrated children’s book)
Life Is a Highway: Advice and Reflections on Navigating the Road of Life (devotional)
Ebenezer’s Christmas Carol (stage play)
Hook’s Nemesis (stage play)
Ali and the Magic Lamp (stage play)
Mutiny on Mount Olympus (stage play)
A Midterm Eve’s Phantasm (stage play)
Little Red in the Hood (stage play)
The Western Tale (stage play)
Dorothy’s Road Trip (stage play)
plus contributions to several anthologies and magazines.
- To Stand On Mountains by Helen Grace Lescheid. If you have a boulder in your way and you can’t move it or tunnel through it, use it to your advantage. Turn a stumbling stone into a stepping stone. No matter what your challenges are, you can overcome them with the help of the One who raises up the weak and puts their feet on solid rock. These true stories (more than fifty) will inspire you to turn obstacles into opportunities of growth, difficulties into daring faith, and challenges into creative caring. Soft cover, 271 pages, Available at Amazon $17.95 includes taxes, postage and handling.
- Writing Creatively, a six credit course offered by Briercrest Schools, Dept. of Extension
- The Journey. Discipleship tool for new Christians, available through FEBCC
- Reproducing Spiritual Women. Coaching Kit for women discipling other women, available through Women’s Ministries Institute
- Writing Bible Studies, distance learning course, contact author for syllabus.
- Assorted Bible Studies, contact author for a list
- Happy Together: Daily Insights for Families from Scripture seeks to provide young couples who may be considering today’s options, wisdom on relationships from the Bible interspersed with experiences from life. The book is for those families with little time or scriptural background. Dr. J I Packer has provided the foreword.
- Guess Who’s Coming to Reign: Jesus Talks about His Return is based on Jesus’ discourse on future events found in Matthew 24 and 25. It attempts to engage the curious second coming seekers with some basic scriptural facts and events that give us reliable pointers to His return.
- Anointed Preaching: The Holy Spirit and the Pulpit is a review of available literature on this subject at the time of writing. It considers the Pentecostal/Charismatic claim of “anointed preaching,” and how it has affected Christian growth and fidelity to the Bible.
- Gone with the Spirit: Tracking the Holy Spirit through the Bible gives an overview of a subject that has become clouded by friction and misunderstanding. It provides an overview of the person and work of the Holy Spirit as He reveals Himself through both Old and New Testaments of the Bible.
- Getting to Know You 1 and 2 These two books are study guides through the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. The first, Seeking God in the Old Testament, follows the development of God’s covenant with Israel while the second, Finding Christ in the New Testament, follows the widening of the New Covenant for all through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus: Is He Really God? Does It Really Matter? responds to the questions: Was Jesus Christ divine? Does the Bible really teach that? Does it matter, anyway? These questions have dogged Christianity since the Enlightenment, and continue to do so now. This book reviews His emphatic and numerous “I Am” claims to deity in John’s Gospel.
- Prostate Cancer: My Story of Survival This book relates the story of Bryan’s journey through prostate cancer during 2008 and 2009. Bryan blogged his experience, even writing from his hospital bed. He recorded the discovery and diagnosis of the disease, surgery, and recovery, with its discomfort and setbacks. May this record help guide and comfort others facing the same process.
- War Kids: Growing Up in World War Two England This book, its stories based on actual events, covers the period from about 1940 until Ann and Bryan met in their early teens in 1950. But their lives during the war were vastly different. Bryan grew up in a stable home, so the war affected him more than Ann. For her, the dangers of war were a background to the greater threat of her impaired home.
- Happy Together: Daily Insights for Families from Scripture This is the second edition of our popular book Happy Together. The content is the same, but condensed to a page-a-day. We’ve added titles and a text from the day’s reading and a relevant prayer for each day. We’ve also added a Subject Index and updated the Scripture Index. The original foreword by Dr. J I Packer is included.
- Family Reunion, Utmost Christian Writers Foundation, 2007 (poetry). A poem collection about the families who were a part of the homestead we all inhabit. Price, includes postage: $15.00 CAN; $17 US
- Author Link-Poetry
- Destiny’s Hands, Word Alive Press, 2012 (Biblical fiction) The Israelites have been slaves of the Egyptians for four hundred years. Nineteen-year-old Bezalel hasn’t suffered as much as most. From an early age his talents as a carver and goldsmith have assured him training and satisfying work on Pharaoh’s Pi-Ramesses craft guild. Moses’ sudden return to Goshen changes all that. His promise of deliverance followed by ten destructive plagues forces Bezalel to choose between a satisfying career in Egypt and loyalty to his people. Cost: $17.99 + $4.00 postage within Canada
- Cowboy Church Hymnal – 122 ‘old favorite’ hymns & cowboy songs. Price: $10.00 + shipping.
- The Second ‘Go Round – A book of Cowboy Poetry. 65 original poems. Price: $15.00 + shipping
Contact Author to order
Trees of the Book – Learning From God’s Creation
Trees of the Book is a 26 page children’s activity book, #1 in the Science & Faith Matters Series. It explores the trees discussed in the Bible in a way that is both fun and informative for children ages 7-9.
Buy as Paperback: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Where Fitness Meets Faith
A fresh, insightful collection of devotional articles with reflections about the similarities between the challenges of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and building a relationship with God.
Buy the e-book: Amazon Kindle | Smashwords
Where Family Meets Faith
Written and compiled especially for families. It is a collection of devotionals that show the similarities between the challenges of raising a family and building a relationship with God.
Buy the e-book: Amazon Kindle | Smashwords
Where Life Meets Faith
A collection of devotional articles, which explore the challenges of living life and building a relationship with God.
Buy the e-book: Amazon Kindle
Fit for Faith – 7 weeks to improved spiritual & physical health
A 7-week program designed to strengthen the believer’s Christian walk. It’s a motivational tool to empower women to improve their physical health to live balanced, whole and joyous lives that glorify God.
Buy the hard copy: CreateSpace
Buy the e-book: Amazon Kindle | Smashwords
Women of Strength – a devotional to improve spiritual & physical health
The perfect companion for your health program. Each season is further divided into 6 sections that include an inspirational devotional, a fact on common health and fitness questions, a reflection, a prayer, a Bible verse, and an energizing exercise.
Tooth for Tooth
Novella. Dumped into single parenthood, Heather Williams has found a part-time job as a dental receptionist and a cozy apartment with her four-year-old daughter. Life finally looks safe and secure until her daughter reveals a terrifying secret that she’s been molested by her own father. While struggling with her feelings towards her new boss, Heather tries to get the help her daughter needs, navigate the court system, and protect the child from further harm.
Buy the e-book:Amazon Kindle | Smashwords
- A Poke in the Ribs. (2006) 52 short articles that may change the way you have been thinking about missions.
- A Kick in the Pants. (2008) 53 of the best of Jack’s weekly articles in a clear, easy to read format.
- A Bonk on the Head. (2011) The next instalment: another 53 of Jack’s best weekly articles in the same easy-to-read format.
- Check out Jack’s books, some readers’ comments, and read a sample article here.
- When Lightning Strikes. Herald Press, 2001. Comedy skits & sketches.
- When the River Calls. Herald Press, 2004. Fiction for Grades 5-8 / Ages 10-13.
- Both books have been reviewed in the April issue of CM Magazine, and both books got 3 out of 4 stars, and a “Recommended.” Click for these reviews.
- From Heart to Pen, Essence Publishing, June, 2006. Stories, letters and lines as seen through the eyes of a child-of-war and later on as a proud Canadian citizen; covers parents’ wartime experiences, loss of two children, their immigration to Canada; and the ‘hiccups of my heart’ – life’s joys, as well sorrows, ups and down. Cost per book: $19.00. Author will cover shipping to anywhere in CANADA (only).
Youth Ministry: You Can Do It! examines several models of Youth Ministry in Canada and looks at their strengths and weaknesses. It also suggests a model for successful and on-going Youth Ministry. The book costs $24 plus postage. It is available from the author.
- It Is Finished: “Tetelestai” the Most Powerful Words Ever Spoken, 2014 Friesen Press
- Free to Fly – Let Loose and Soar, 2015 Friesen Press
- In Search of Truth, 2012. Shevie Rancher has had it with religion. She decides it’s time to pack up and head out of religionville and find a place where she can enjoy life. It doesn’t take long to realize the freedom she thought she wanted doesn’t live up to her visions of what it should be. But it’s when she’s confronted with true faith that Shevie really begins to question her life choices. Purchase
- Where A Little Rain Comes Down. What do spiritual and physical prostitution have in common? Purchase book | Purchase e-book
- Meeting Myself – Snippets from a Binging and Bulging Mind – a memoir of abuse, bulimia and recovery . ISBN 978-1-77069-444-690000 98 pages, $13.99 – order at Great Canadian authors, Amazon – Bookstores, schools, churches and ministries may purchase copies directly through the distributor, Word Alive Inc., by calling customer services at 1-800-665-1468
- The Big Red Chair -a humorous yet touching storybook with CD for grieving children. ISBN 978-9-0-07-212575-750995 $15.99 fully illustrated with accompanying CD. Available at Smashwords.com, in Kindle or email email@example.com
- Heartfelt: 366 Devotions for Common Sense Living. ISBN 978-0-9811629-5-901999 $19.99. 378 pages Available at Smashwords, in Kindle and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- God, Gluttony & You, the Bible Study – ISBN 978-0-9811629-6-6. 78 pages – email email@example.com
INSCRIBE AUTHOR LIST
MEMBERS’ LISTINGS OF PUBLISHED BOOKS
To Our New and Current Members,
Published some new books? Please let us know if you have any updates—new links to website or blog, or new publications to add to your list. Authors: Please check your listings regularly so the links and information stay up to date. If you have changes to your listing, please contact the webmaster.
Note: If you wish to order any books from the authors, please use their contact information to get in touch with them.