InScribe’s annual Fall Contest is exclusively for members to submit new, unpublished work only. Our Fall Contest is a safe place to try a new genre and get professional feedback or to enter a few of your favourite genres.
All writers are encouraged to enter, regardless of experience.
Interested, but not a member? See the Membership page.
First: $100 plus publication in FellowScript and/or on the ICWF Blog*
Second: $50 plus publication in FellowScript and/or on the ICWF Blog *
Third: $30 plus publication in FellowScript and/or on the ICWF Blog*
(NOTE: Second and Third prizes will be awarded depending on merit and number of entries to the category.)
*Acceptance of a prize grants First North American Serial Rights to InScribe to publish the award-winning manuscript in FellowScript or in an online Fall Supplement, or on the ICWF Blog.
- Certificates are included
- Winners are announced at Fall Conference, and in FellowScript, on Facebook and on our listserv.
- Judges are anonymous and will not enter into discussions regarding decisions or awards.
- The contest coordinator does not judge the entries.
– $30 per entry.
– Includes a critique by a professional writer.
– Please pay here.
FREE entry for ages 18 and under.
Professional writers/judges provide commentary according to the judging rubrics. Please see the rubrics here.
All entries must be sent to the Contest Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 1st at midnight your local time.
Late entries will be discarded.
All unpublished, new work.
Pieces may be written for the mainstream or the Christian market. Sometimes our writing and our characters depict the dark side of life, however, our writing is redemptive; the Truth of Scripture wins.
2020 Fall Contest categories
* Devotional – 300 words or less including scripture.
* Poetry – all styles. 40 lines or less.
Please state style on your submission (eg: free verse, rhymed, sonnet, haiku, etc.)
* Adult Fiction – 1500 words or less
* Nonfiction to Contest Theme – 1500 words or less
“Writing with Unflinching Boldness”, Acts 28:31
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Seven Steps to Enter your piece(s)
- Membership required. If you are not a member, please join us here.
- Write something ORIGINAL in one of the 4 categories above. Published work is not accepted.
NO Simultaneous submissions (do not send the same manuscript to another contest).
Please do not enter the same manuscript in more than one category.
- Follow the rubrics to craft a winning piece.
- TOP of your entry: Title of your piece and category, not your name.
- Send your manuscripts attached with Word doc, docx, rtf or pdf by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com ON OR BEFORE Midnight SEPTEMBER 1st, your local time.
Please send a separate email for each piece you submit.
- BODY OF YOUR EMAIL: — Your Name – Mailing address for certificate purposes – Title and Category of your entry – Word count of your piece – Your entry attached
- SUBJECT FIELD OF YOUR EMAIL: “Fall Contest Submission” AND category – For example: “Fall Contest Submission: Adult Fiction”
Pay for your entry/entries here.
Enter as many pieces as you wish.
$30 per entry includes a critique by a professional judge/writer.
FREE entry for 18 years and under.
- 1” margins and double-spacing (except for poetry)
- Serif Fonts only such as Times New Roman, Baskerville, Georgia or Courier, font size 12 – except poetry.
- Points deducted for improper formatting. Please see Rubrics.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fall Contest Questions” in the subject field.
Before you press “send”
Did you follow the “Seven Steps to Enter your Piece”?
Did you pay for each entry?
Please remember to put your name in the body of your email, not on your manuscript.
Thank you for all the hard work and courage you have put into entering the InScribe Fall Contest!